Saturday 13 July 2013

BEATLES SOUND ALIKE

THE BEATLES : I couldn't wait to get my hand on this when I came upon this while browsing in the Cd shop. The four guys on the cover with 19 songs that they have given away and at a killer price. Of all the Beatles imitators this was closest to the original. Casual fans could be fooled into believing it's the real deal. I imagined this Cd was produced in China 'cos there was no record whatsoever on it on the Internet. The packaging was good with lyrics and Chinese translation as well. Some of these songs can be found on the anthology albums so it was not so rare now. Other than this, the usual culprits are 'I'm In Love,' ' It's For You,'' Step Inside Love, and 'Love Of The Loved' ( Cilla Black ), 'Nobody I Know, 'Woman, ( not the John Lennon's song )'  and 'World Without Love' ( Peter & Gordon ). I could have sworn 'If You've Got Troubles' which was in the Anthology series was sung by Ringo Starr himself. 'Hello, Little Girl,' 'That Means A Lot', 'I Don't Want To See You Again' and 'Tip Of My Tongue' are as close as early Beatles as you 'Like Dreamers Do' was slower than the version found on the Anthology. 'One And One Is Two' is a mindless but fun 60's type rock 'n' roll but it sounds much better here  than on the various bootleg recording that I've come across. 'Bad To Me' was one of my favourite track that The Beatles never recorded officially. I have the bootleg recording of it but this version is not bad at all. 'I'll Be On My Way' could have been the version lifted right out of "The Beatles Live At The BBC ." 'From A Window' and 'I'll Keep You Satisfied' are two of my favourite songs that The Beatles throw away and thankfully they didn't butchered them here. I have these two songs from an earlier record which was my preferred version but it was not available on Cd, so this will have to do. 'Goodbye,' the song written by Paul McCartney for Mary Hopkin sounds just like the version I have on the bootleg Cd. A rather low key album but nevertheless quite enjoyable for the consistency in quality and sound wise.can get. DOP : 3rd July 2004.

THE VERY BEST OF STARS ON 45 : The firs time I heard this, I was so excited and beside myself. It was actually a novelty record that works and it got a whole lot of artists jumping onto the wagon producing their own version of medley of hits. The vocal was so like The Beatles and the one who say John Lennon's part was spot on. The success of this even got the producers of The Beatles to produced a medley of real Beatles songs into a movie medley. The single was was kept to a more radio friendly length while the album version which have 30 Beatles all woven together with a magical thread. The only non Beatles song was the intro of George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord' and the Stars On 45 Them that kept the thread together but who's complaining. Together with The Beatles medley, there are medleys of other artists as well but this was all about The Beatles so I will not go into that. DOP : Unknown.


HITS ON 45 : DISCOBEATLES : PERFORMED BY F4 :  With '45' prominently displayed in the background, I, like most I supposed was fooled into thinking that this was another record by the famed and enjoyable Stars On 45 but this was not so but some poor imitators trying to fool us into believing it was. Actually it was Hits On 45. and not Stars On 45 if you've read the fine print. The small print was done so as to deliberately misled us which it managed to. The real culprit of this mess was printed in so tiny at the bottom that it was not noticable at all. The end result was that this sounds like the same songs over and over again with different lyrics. I got this at a discount and believe me even at a discount, this is totally a waste of time and money. The cover is the best thing that is about this Cd. A shame really 'cos the vocalist wasn't bad, only the arrangement of the songs are atrocious and beyond bad. Good thing John Lennon was cremated or this will surely make him roll in his grave. DOP : 13th May 2003.


No comments:

Post a Comment