Friday 12 July 2013

BEATLES TRIBUTES AND OTHER RELATED STUFFS

To say I am a Beatles nut must be the understatement of the year, or any years. I have loved The Beatles ever since I heard their songs from albums brought or borrowed by my brothers who loves them as much. He outgrew them in latter years but my obsession with them never left me. Since then, I have accumulated a considerable numbers of their albums, as a groups and as solo artists. Well, after The Beatles and after their solo outputs where do I go from here. I've come to collect some of those Beatles tributes albums / Cds as well. While most of them are below average, and I don't really listen to them, some of them were quite good too. Unfortunaly, the bad far out numbered the good. The Beatles were perfectionists and their songs were already good and definitive so to better the original is really a near impossible task although there are a few exceptions now and then and far in between. Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66's 'The Fool On The Hill' and Earth, Wind & Fire's 'Got To Get You Into My Life' comes to mind. There are a few tribute albums that I have on records but I can't find on Cd Admittedly I bought most of them on discount. I wouldn't really want to spend real money on imitation no matter how good they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment