Wednesday 17 July 2013

INSTRUMENTAL BEATLES

As a rule, I don't really appreciate instrumental versions of an already established hit song. An original instrumental like those from The Shadows or The Ventures or the occasional instrumental groups are fine btu not cover versions. I bought those various Beatles instrumental Cd more as a novelty piece to showcase on my shelf rather than listening to them. Usually I bought them at discount price. Most of them works as elevator music which is a shame considering the earth shattering affects it caused when these songs were first released.


GREATEST HITS GO CLASSIC : PERFORMED BY CLASSIC DREAM ORCHESTRA : This Cd started off fine with a fine version of 'Something'. It remained the best track here. The following track 'And I Love Her' Elanor Rigby' and even the great 'Let It Be' sounds rather ordinary and uninspired played by this orchestra as was 'Girl', 'Yesterday', 'Nowhere Man' and 'Norwegian Wood [ This Bird Has Flown ]. Incredible as these are great songs. The band picked up somewhat on 'Strawberry Fields Forever', 'Michelle', 'Hey Jude' and the final track 'The Long And Winding Road.' Apprently somebody goofed on 'Norwegian Wood', listing the composer as just McCartney when in actuality it was a John Lennon song. DOP : 10th August 2003.

THE SOHO STRINGS PLAY...IN THE SENTIMENTAL BEATLES MOODIt's truly incredible and maddening at how the music of my beloved Beatles can be rendered so mediocre and uninspiring at the hand of The Soho Strings. It's even less interesting than the album produced by The Classic Dream Orchestra which is already not a interesting album as it is. Matter of fact, I was listening to this while I was driving and I was fighting myself from falling asleep. 20 timeless classics as it said on its sub title but it sure doesn't sound that way at all. Apart from four songs the rest of the sixteen songs are the same as on the said album. That is no one track here that raised the bar even slightly for me to press the repeat button. I wouldn't want to torture anyone with this album unless you have problems sleeping at night. A word of warning, don't play this while driving. You may just fall asleep on the wheel that that would be fatal. Why was I not surprised at all that I can't find a single trace of the album on the internet. I bought this Cd at a super low price which should explain the super low quality of it Really The Beatles should sue. DOP : Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment